iTind – The cutting-edge treatment for Enlarged Prostate
In M Centre by BNH hospital, we strive to find revolutionary technology–innovations in healthcare–that can offer patients alternative treatment options that are minimally invasive. And iTind is one of that.
What is iTind?
iTind is the newest minimally invasive treatment for BPH.
By using temporary nitinol device, it will reshape the prostatic urethra, gradually creating a wider opening through for urine to flow freely.
With iTind, lower urinary tract symptoms due to an enlarged prostate will be relieved without burning or cutting out tissue, and without leaving behind a permanent implant.
How does iTind work?
The procedure is separated into 2 parts
1.The Insertion of iTind
• The insertion will be performed as outpatient procedure in operating room by a urologist. A small thin tube with a tiny camera will be inserted into the prostatic urethra to determine where to place the iTind.
Once the device is put, patient is able to urinate freely and can go home after that.
• Light sedation or a local anesthetic may be given.
During 5-7 days
iTind device is specifically designed as folded configuration.
During 5-7 day-treatment, it helps to create gently pressure on the prostate, open up the prostatic urethra in order to clear a way for the flow of urine.
2. The Removal of iTind
• After 5-7 days, the urologist will use a flexible silicone catheter to remove the iTind device completely.
• Patient will return to normal activities 1-2 days after the removal.
Who is suitable for the iTind?
iTind is the best treatment option for:
• Mild to moderate BPH case with a prostate volume ≤ 80 ml.
• Men with BPH but do not want to treat with oral medicine or can not bear the side effects of medicines.
• Who want to preserve sexual dysfunction (retrograde ejaculation or erectile dysfunction).
* Men with an obstructive median lobe or previous prostate surgery are not the right candidates for iTind.Check if iTind fits for your case
• Help to relieve the symptoms rapidly
• Preserves sexual function
• Straightforward procedure, no anaesthetic needed
• Temporary implant
• No a catheter needed
• Durable results (last for 3 years as showed in clinical studies)