Comprehensive Eye Screening (Dilation) Package
The comprehensive screening for vision impairment and early detection of vision or eye problems.
Age linked diseases like glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, cataract, are the foremost causes of blindness. A thorough eye exam can prevent major eye diseases and help maintain good eye health & vision. Recommended for age 40 years and older or person who has certain medical conditions that affect eye health such as diabetic, hypertension
The price is valid until 31 March 2024
The service is available until 30 April 2024
The comprehensive eye screening package 4,900 Baht
This program diagnoses vision problems and eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, retinal disease, etc.
The package is suitable for 40 years and older adults to undergo an annual eye exam and people with vision problems, various eye disorders.
- Visual acuity test/Colour blindness test
- Eye and cataract examination with a Slit Lamp Microscope.
- Measure Intraocular Pressure and Corneal Thickness.
- Measure short-sightedness, long-sightedness, astigmatism and corneal curvature.
- Test field of vision.
- Scan the retina and optic nerve terminals.
- Visual examination of the retina with photos.
- Indirect Ophthalmoscope
- Pupil dilation
- Eye examination performed by an ophthalmologist
Why do you need an eye examination?
Never neglect to keep your eyes healthy, especially when getting older. An annual eye examination with an ophthalmology specialist is required to regularly screen for potential risks, even if there are no abnormal symptoms. Many eye diseases are the cause for long-term vision loss, such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy.
Comprehensive Eye Screening Package is recommended for:
- Age 40 and older
- Person who has certain medical conditions that affect eye health eg. Diabetic, Hypertension
- Person with family history of Glaucoma or Retinal Diseases
- Person with visual problem
- Use of steroid
- Person who has history of eye injury
Important benefits of an eye examination
Checking for eye and vision problems for having the best eyesight, or in the case of older people who are predisposed to elderly vision loss, and recognizing the problem and getting it corrected properly, will improve your vision help to improve studying and working efficiency.
Some eye diseases may be asymptomatic in the early stages. Therefore, early diagnosis of eye diseases that can lead to temporary or permanent loss of vision helps to make treatment easier and more effective.
A comprehensive eye examination may also help uncover hidden chronic physical diseases, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, blood diseases and even AIDS.
Currently, various technologies may affect eye health as well, such as computer screens, smartphones, as well as using contact lenses to enhance eye beauty.
At what age should you have an eye examination?
People of all ages should have regular eye examinations with an ophthalmologist. In particular, those aged 40 and over should undergo and should not ignore a complete eye screening test every year, even without any abnormal symptoms or risks, as common eye diseases or changes in vision, such as macular degeneration or cataracts, tend to begin at this age, which may result in loss of eyesight. In addition, people with risk factors such as congenital diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure, eye accidents or loss of vision in one or both eyes, have a family history of eye disease, such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, eye strain from intense use, drug use that affects the eyes, or contact lenses, should also undergo an eye screening test without waiting until their 40s.
Types and methods of eye screening tests
The BNH Hospital Eye Department provides comprehensive eye care services, with the most advanced medical technology together with a team of specialist doctors for fast and accurate examination results. Let a pair of beautiful eyes stay with you forever.
- Comprehensive Eye Examination: Check and treat all types of eye diseases, such as cataracts, pterygium, glaucoma, retinal diseases, inflammatory and infectious eye diseases, eye allergies, etc.
- A complete Macular Degeneration examination or Optical Coherence Tomography is a method to help analyse the layers of the retina and optic nerve terminals using transverse laser scanning, and measurement of the reflection of light to see different layers of the retina to look at the depth of the optic nerve terminals and measure the thickness of the retina. If a risk of Macular Degeneration is detected, an effective and timely treatment can be planned. However, if any abnormalities, such as narrowed or closed corners of the eyes, are detected, it might be a risk factor for acute glaucoma.
- Computer visual field measurement to examine wide-angle vision for abnormalities in lateral vision.
- Eye health examination for driving license and colour blindness test.
- Eye examination for glasses or contact lenses.
- Treatment of eye diseases using laser light.
- Treatment of eye diseases through Microscopic surgery.
- Please make appointment prior to using the service
- This package price includes ophthalmologist, hospital, and nursing fees.
- The package price is exclusive of medications and any additional expenses that may occur if the doctor recommends additional testing.
- This package cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional campaigns or discounting privileges.
- Hospital reserves the right to change or amend the conditions without prior notice.
Preparation Guidelines Before an Eye Health Examination
Avoid Wearing Contact Lenses:
If you wear soft contact lenses, please refrain from wearing them for at least 1 hour before the examination.
If you wear hard or semi-hard contact lenses, it is advisable not to wear them for at least 1 week before the examination.
Avoid Driving Yourself:
Your ophthalmologist may administer eye drops to dilate your pupils for a detailed examination of the retina. This involves sets of eye drops, causing your eye muscles to relax and your pupils to widen more than usual. As a result, you may experience increased sensitivity to light for approximately 4-6 hours and may feel dizziness or blurred vision. Therefore, it is recommended to refrain from driving, and it’s advisable to have a companion to assist you.
Bring Your Eyeglasses:
If you use eyeglasses or have prescribed eye drops, please remember to bring them with you.
Sunglasses are recommended for post-examination use (in case your eyes are dilated).
Avoid Eye Makeup:
Please avoid applying eye makeup on the day of the examination.
- Eye examinations typically take a minimum of 1 – 1.5 hour
- Bring a Companion:
It is advisable to have a companion accompany you to assist during the journey back after the examination.
- After pupil dilation test, it might cause blurred vision and photosensitivity for 4-6 hours after the test. Therefore, patients are not advised to drive and there should be friends or relatives to take care of the patients.
- Sunglasses are recommended for post-examination use
Terms and Conditions for All “BNH GiftAway 2023” Packages
1.All pacages are inclusive of doctor’s fee, medical supplies, and hospital and nursing services fee.
2.Expenses for additional consultation, investigation, or treatment other than the package are not included.
3.The hospital is pleased to offer a 10% discount on additional lab test items and medications for further investigation and treatment that related to the health check up under the GiftAway 2023 campaign.
4.Please make an appointment at least 2 days prior to using the services via LINE @BNHhospital or @Mbrace
5.All packages are transferable
6.Services are available during 12th December 2023 to 30th April, 2024