Osteoarthritis of the Knee Screening Package (Knee X-Ray) by BNH Hospital
Osteoarthritis of the Knee Screening using X-Ray is recommended for those who have one or more following conditions;
- Overweight (BMI >25)
- Aged 40 and above
- Family history of osteoarthritis
- Have regular routines or activities that involve the knee joints
- History of knee injuries
- Bent knees
- Knee pain
Learn more about Knee Osteoarthritis, Click
How can X-Ray help detect Knee Osteoarthritis?
By x-ray, specialist can find abnormalities that occur when it comes to osteoarthritis
- The surface of the knee joint,which is cartilage, begins to deepen or makes the joint surface uneven, loses its smoothness, lubrication, and glossiness of the cartilage surface, causing joint movement to become stuck, stiff, or make a noise like rubbing sandpaper.
- The membranes are irritated by fragments of cartilage within the joint, producing more inflammatory substances and producing more water in the joint, but of poor quality, causing pain, swelling, and warmth in the knee.
- Muscles around the knee joint: Due to the pain and inflammation of the knee joint, the patient uses the diseased leg less, resulting in less strength in the muscles around the knee joint. So when walking underweight, there is more impact on the joint surface.
- Some of the ligaments in the joints begin to sag as a result of the degeneration of that articular cartilage. As the ligaments stretch, the joints sway or become looser, thus causing more abnormal movement, whereby the knee to deteriorate faster.
The benefits of a knee X-ray examination at BNH Hospital
- Our X-Ray Digital equipment and machines are state-of-the-art, fast imaging, high-quality images, and sharp resolution that enable a more accurate diagnosis.
- • Meticulous about cleanliness before and after the service, all equipment is sterilized and cleaned each time before use.
- • A skilled radiologist will take care of you throughout the examination and assist you in arranging the proper posture for the clearest and best possible image for the benefit of the diagnosis.
- Knowledgeable and professional personnel that provide prompt service with care.
- Convenient, fast, totally private and not crowded.
- We provide replacement robes if necessary for your convenience during the X-Ray examination.
- Lockers are available to store your personal belongings, so you don’t have to worry during the examination.
Osteoarthritis Specialist and Osteoarthritis Treatment at BNH Hospital
Shoulder and Joint Centre, BNH Hospital Hospital is specialised in providing a full range of services, including a team of specialists in the treatment of osteoarthritis and knee replacement surgery. We have a multidisciplinary team of physicians to provide optimal treatment outcomes, treatment techniques and equipment, and technologies used to treat osteoarthritis, while caring for patients with a comprehensive approach that covers all stages of the disease.
Click here to see all specialists at Shoulder & Joint Department
Osteoarthritis Medical and Multidisciplinary Team
- Rehabilitation, medication, and physical therapy team – for non-surgical treatment of osteoarthritis and post-operative recovery.
- Dietitian team – Care for patients in terms of diet to change their eating habits when required and control weight gain so that the knee joint does not become overloaded.
- Pain Rehabilitation Doctor – Care for patients with long-lasting pain after knee surgery.
Treatment techniques, devices and technologies used to treat osteoarthritis
- Non-drug treatments such as advice on how to adjust behaviour to avoid overuse of the knees and control your weight, so that the knees do not have to bear a lot of weight. Advice on eating a healthy diet, exercising to strengthen muscles surrounding the knee, physical therapy, and the use of orthotics to straighten and align the knees.
- Treatment by using drugs such as oral painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, including injections into the knee joint.
- Alternative therapies by specialists include Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections, arthroplasty, and joint nourishment.
- • Knee surgery is performed by qualified surgeons, including partial or complete knee replacement surgery.