Cervical Cancer Screening: HPV DNA and Pap smear (Co-Testing)
Cervical cancer screening with Pap smear and HPV DNA (Co-Test)
Cervical cancer can be prevented and cured if detected early. Therefore, regular visits and screenings for cervical cancer and choosing effective treatments will ensure that you are confident and safe from cervical cancer.
*This price includes doctor fees and hospital service fees.
The price is valid until 31 March 2024
The service is available until 30 April 2024
Please make appointment prior to using the service
- Examination during menstruation is not recommended. Examining at least 3 days after the end of your period is recommended.
- In the case of menstruation and severe menstrual cramps, you can consult a doctor without having to wait until the end of your period.
- Before the examination, do not douche or use vaginal suppositories for at least 2 days.
- Avoid sexual intercourse for at least 1 day before the examination.
- Urinate before the examination.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing.
- If there is an inflammatory finding or abnormal cell changes in the cervix, continue to follow up with the treatment.
- Cervical cancer screening should be performed regularly, as recommended by your gynecologist.
A Pelvic examination is important. A Pelvic examination is important for determining women’s sexual health and female reproductive system, including external genitalia, vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.A cervical cancer screening can be performed during a pelvic examination. Neglect regular health checks until the symptoms develop, may lead to delayed diagnosis and worse outcomes.
Reasons why women should get screened for cervical cancer.
Cervical cancer is the fourth most common cancer among women globally and the second most common cancer among women in Thailand. In 2020, more than 600,000 women were diagnosed with cervical cancer worldwide and almost 350,000 died from the disease. Regular screening has been shown to prevent cervical cancers and save lives. Early detection can reduce the risk of developing cancer and improve the chances of successful treatment. The primary cause of cervical cancer is high-risk human papillomavirus (HPV), which is mainly transmitted through sexual contact. Risk factors may contribute to an increased likelihood of HPV infection, such as multiple sexual partners, early sexual activity and having one partner who is considered high risk.
Screening for cervical cancer with CO-TEST (Pap smear and HPV DNA test).
- Pap smear is a screening test that looks for abnormal cervical cells.
- HPV DNA test is the DNA-based testing for high-risk Human papilloma virus (HPV)
“Co-Test”, which is a combination of Pap smear & HPV DNA test, enhances the sensitivity and accuracy of cervical cancer screening, enabling early detection of abnormalities and prompt treatment.
Who should get screened for cervical cancer?
- Women should start cervical screening at age 25.
- Women who experience symptoms such as abnormal vaginal discharge, abnormal vaginal bleeding, post-coital bleeding, hematuria, blood in stool, and pelvic pain.
Testing with HPV/Pap co-test every 3-5 years or with Primary HPV test every 3-5 years or with a Pap test every 1-3 years is recommended.
Preparing for cervical cancer screening
- Try not to schedule a cervical screening during a menstrual period.
- Avoid sexual intercourse, douching, or using any vaginal medications, cream or jellies for 2 days before having a screening.
Women’s Health Centre
BNH Women’s Health Centre has a long experience in women’s health care for Thai and foreign women. We provide personalized care and comprehensive services including counselling, prevention, screening, diagnosis and innovative treatments from our experts in Obstetrics, gynaecology, Oncology, Urogynecology and Fertility, in order to ensure excellent and impressive health care experience.
- Please make an appointment prior to using the service at BNH Gyneoncology Centre at 02-022-0700 ext. 4557-4558
- Please present a confirmation E-mail with order ID (payment reference) to our staff before using the service
- This package cannot be exchanged for cash