- Computed tomography (CT or CAT scan) is a diagnostic medical test that produces multiple images or pictures of the inside of the body. The cross-sectional images generated during a CT scan can be reformatted in multiple planes, and can generate three-dimensional images which provide greater detail than traditional x-rays, particularly of soft tissues and blood vessels.
- A cardiac CT scan for calcium score is a non-invasive test to obtain information regarding the presence, location and extent of calcified plaque in the coronary arteries which are the vessels that supply oxygen-containing blood to the heart muscle. Calcified plaque results when there has been a build-up of fat and other substances under the inner layer of the artery. The amount of calcium detected on a cardiac CT scan is a helpful prognostic tool. The test provides high resolution images of the beating heart at a fast scanning speed. Even a small amount of calcification on the coronary artery walls can be detected to help identify the risk of developing coronary artery disease. The progression of plaque build-up can narrow the arteries or even close off blood flow to the heart. The result may be chest pain, or a heart attack.
- The Carotid Doppler ultrasound is a non-invasive test that uses high-frequency sound waves to examine the blood flow through the carotid arteries and to detect narrowing of your carotid arteries or potential blockages caused by plaque. This special type of ultrasound is able to show blood flow as a colour-coded dynamic image, to be able to calculate the velocity of blood flow and to determine the degree of narrowing in the blood vessel. A computer translates the high-frequency sound waves into a live-action image on a monitor and translated into a graph. It helps to determine if you are at risk of having a stroke and to determine appropriate preventative measure or treatment to lower your risk.
- Low-dose computed tomography (LDCT) lung cancer screening is the main procedure for screening and detecting Lung Cancer. The machine scans the body and uses low doses of radiation to provide a series of detailed pictures of the lungs.
- This price excludes Cardiologist’s fee
- Service available Diagnostic Imaging Centre, fl 1. Please make an appointment prior using the service at 02-022-0700 #1114-1115
- For the “Well Heart 3” package, if patient requires a Cardiologist consultation, the hospital will offer an additional special price package at 15,000 baht
For more information, Tel. 02-022-0700 # 4420 – 4478