Why you should screening ?
The Carotid Doppler ultrasound is a non-invasive test that uses high-frequency sound waves to examine the blood flow through the carotid arteries and to detect narrowing of your carotid arteries or potential blockages caused by plaque. This special type of ultrasound is able to show blood flow as a colour-coded dynamic image, to be able to calculate the velocity of blood flow and to determine the degree of narrowing in the blood vessel. A computer translates the high-frequency sound waves into a live-action image on a monitor and translated into a graph. It helps to determine if you are at risk of having a stroke and to determine appropriate preventative measure or treatment to lower your risk.
Who should check this package?
Your doctor will recommend carotid ultrasound if you have medical conditions that increase the risk of stroke, including:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Family history of stroke or heart disease
- Recent transient ischemic attack (TIA) or stroke
- Coronary artery disease
- Overweight or obese
- Lack of exercise
Terms and Conditions
- The package prices exclude doctor’s fee and hospital services fee.
- An additional charge may be applied in case of further screenings or treatments are required.
- The service is available at Cardiometabolic Centre, 4th floor, BNH Hospital. Please make an appointment before using the services at 02-0220700 Ext.4420, 4478
- Prices are valid from now until 31 December 2019.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.